Over the course of the Covid-19 pandemic, the importance of reliable, accessible testing to screen for the Coronavirus disease has become increasingly apparent and our team at Newington Pharmacy have stood up to the challenge, working hard to bring safe and sanitary COVID19 PCR Testing to Edinburgh.
How are we keeping you safe during the testing process?
Keeping our patients and customers safe is our absolute priority. Every month we test thousands of travellers for COVID19 and therefore we work hard to ensure that both them and our staff feel safe. That is why we have opened up our very own Portakabin testing service that allows us to keep our COVID19 PCR Testing separate from the pharmacy.
By keeping the testing area separate from the pharmacy itself it means that there is less interaction between patients and that we can ensure the highest levels of hygiene. Between each test the area is thoroughly cleaned and prepared for the next patient. All staff members wear Personal Protection Equipment and change gloves between each appointment, therefore you can have peace of mind knowing that you are getting tested in a safe and sanitary environment.
What is the testing process?
If you have decided to get tested by one of our highly trained clinicians on site the test will be carried out as follows:
– You will be asked to pull your mask down and slightly tilt your head back.
– The clinician will gently rub the swab over both tonsils and the back of the throat, taking care not to touch your tongue, teeth or gums.
– They will then remove the swab from your mouth and gently insert into the nostril about 1 inch (2.5cm) or until some resistance is met, rotating the swab 5 times against the nasal walls and then repeating in the other nostril.
– The swab will then be removed from the nose and immediately placed into the collection tube, taking care not to touch any other surfaces.
– Your sample will then be sent off to the labs for testing
Once the lab has received your sample it will be analysed for the presence of COVID19. This usually takes 24hrs. Once ready the result and Fit to Fly certificate will be emailed directly to you.
How to get tested at Newington Pharmacy
Getting tested is simple and can be booked online, however before you do this you will need to know exactly what time frame your test must be performed in before you travel. This can be done by checking with your airline or visiting the Foreigh Office Website. If you are still unsure about when to get tested simply contact our team and we can advise you on when to do so.
Book your test today
Get your COVID19 PCR Testing in Edinburgh by booking your test today!
Get in touch
Have a question or enquiry?
Use the form or the details below and we'll be in touch.